[nag] feature request - possible consulting job

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 06:50:04 UTC 2015

Dear all,

we are using Nag for organising work in a smaller company. We have remote
workers who carry out specific jobs, e.g. typing a dictate or producing a
CAD illustration from a sketch. To provide better
automatisation/integration we need at least one additional feature in
Horde/Nag. We realise that a feature request to the dev team would probably
not meet our time requirements, so a paid consulting job may be acceptable.

Here is what we have in mind:

* support of participation status for tasks (see
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545#section-3.2.12)
* complete with UI components for status display/manipulation in Nag's HTML
interface
* access to task status via Nag API
* E-Mail notifications on status changes:
  new task in shared to-do list (mail to delegatee)
  optional: task accepted (mail to delegator)
  optional: task declined (mail to delegator)
  optional: task completed (mail to delegator)
* ideally compatible with Mozilla Thunderbird / Lightning (iCal or CalDAV
connection)

There may be more consulting jobs required *later*. For instance we are
looking for a way to include task deliverables when closing a task
(delegatee attaches the results of his work to the task and marks the task
as completed).

I am looking forward to hearing from you if you're interested in taking the
job. Please share your ideas on how much effort implementation is likely to
be, measured in consulting time and/or in price.

Also, if there is anybody else who needs such functionality and is willing
to contribute to funding the implementation, please let me know.

Kind regards

  Sebastian