[nag] feature request - possible consulting job

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jul 13 14:56:22 UTC 2015

Quoting Sebastian Birnbach <birnbacs at gmail.com>:

> Dear all,
>
> we are using Nag for organising work in a smaller company. We have remote
> workers who carry out specific jobs, e.g. typing a dictate or producing a
> CAD illustration from a sketch. To provide better
> automatisation/integration we need at least one additional feature in
> Horde/Nag. We realise that a feature request to the dev team would probably
> not meet our time requirements, so a paid consulting job may be acceptable.
>
> Here is what we have in mind:
>
> * support of participation status for tasks (see
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545#section-3.2.12)
> * complete with UI components for status display/manipulation in Nag's HTML
> interface
> * access to task status via Nag API
> * E-Mail notifications on status changes:
>   new task in shared to-do list (mail to delegatee)
>   optional: task accepted (mail to delegator)
>   optional: task declined (mail to delegator)
>   optional: task completed (mail to delegator)
> * ideally compatible with Mozilla Thunderbird / Lightning (iCal or CalDAV
> connection)
>

> There may be more consulting jobs required *later*. For instance we are
> looking for a way to include task deliverables when closing a task
> (delegatee attaches the results of his work to the task and marks the task
> as completed).
>

> I am looking forward to hearing from you if you're interested in taking the
> job. Please share your ideas on how much effort implementation is likely to
> be, measured in consulting time and/or in price.
>
> Also, if there is anybody else who needs such functionality and is willing
> to contribute to funding the implementation, please let me know.

There was actually already some work towards this done in Git master
while integrating ActiveSync and supporting the responses that
Outlook/Exchange sends in TNEF files. The UI doesn't currently include
much more than the completed/not-completed toggle and the
accepted/denied status of the assignee, but there is already API
support for updating attendees' PARTSTAT from incoming iTip responses,
ability to generate iTips on task updates/status changes and IMP's
iTIP viewer was extended to display and handle the Task iTips
(including sending the accepted/denied response). In order to enable
it, you must configure Nag to allow external assignees via the
configuration screen.

As far as the rest of it goes, you don't mention your time frame. You
are correct though, in that the dev team (most of which also consult
through Horde LLC) is quite time-strapped at the moment. However, if
you would like to discuss more specifics off-list, you can email
additional comments/info to info at horde.org - which goes directly to
our consulting business' ticketing system.

--
mike
The Horde Project