[nag] feature request - possible consulting job

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jul 15 11:57:28 UTC 2015

Quoting Erling Preben Hansen <erling at eph.dk>:

> Citat af Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> but

> in

> the

> assignees

> would

>>> Sure. Whups would be great for just assigning/tracking tickets. This is
>>> more about supporting standard PARTSTAT support, which would work over
>>> any vTodo/iTip interaction.
>>
>> For the sake of completeness, after receiving more information about the
>> requirements off-list, I would have to agree that this does seem a
>> better fit for Whups, though the Thunderbird integration would be lost
>> since there is nothing on the Thunderbird/lightning side to even
>> integrate it with - though some functionality might be available by
>> passing email directly into Whups.
>>
>> --
>> mike
>> The Horde Project
>> http://www.horde.org
>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject
>
> Hey
>
> Just thinking from inside the box and out.
>
> Would it be possible to get the Thunderbird / lightning support via
> kronolith?
> I know kronolith is a big mouthfull.
> But PARTSTAT / vTodo support in Kronolith could cover both Nag and Whups.

Well, both nag and kronolith (for "normal" calendars) already have
that support so, yes, Thunderbird/Lightning could sync with those. The
issue is, none of the data from Whups would be available - whups can
display timeobjects in kronolith but they don't sync (again, only
"normal" calendars sync). Also, wouldn't help in
managing/accepting/denying the actual tickets.

Nice try, though :)