[nag] feature request - possible consulting job

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Jul 15 12:01:21 UTC 2015

On 15.07.2015 13:57, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Erling Preben Hansen <erling at eph.dk>:
>
>> Citat af Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> but

>> in

>> the

>> assignees

>> would

>>> For the sake of completeness, after receiving more information about the
>>> requirements off-list, I would have to agree that this does seem a
>>> better fit for Whups, though the Thunderbird integration would be lost
>>> since there is nothing on the Thunderbird/lightning side to even
>>> integrate it with - though some functionality might be available by
>>> passing email directly into Whups.
>>>
>>> --
>>> mike
>>> The Horde Project
>>> http://www.horde.org
>>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject
>>>

>> Hey
>>
>> Just thinking from inside the box and out.
>>
>> Would it be possible to get the Thunderbird / lightning support via
>> kronolith?
>> I know kronolith is a big mouthfull.
>> But PARTSTAT / vTodo support in Kronolith could cover both Nag and Whups.
>
> Well, both nag and kronolith (for "normal" calendars) already have that
> support so, yes, Thunderbird/Lightning could sync with those. The issue
> is, none of the data from Whups would be available - whups can display
> timeobjects in kronolith but they don't sync (again, only "normal"
> calendars sync). Also, wouldn't help in managing/accepting/denying the
> actual tickets.
>
> Nice try, though :)

We have the same issue with a workflow application. We can expose
appointments (nag) or events (kronolith) but it`s not possible to make
them available via the respective app`s dav code without much hacking
and patching. In the end, we doubled a lot of sync/dav related code in
api/application so we can offer these objects via distinct URLs. It`s
not strictly how it`s supposed to work and it`s a lot of code duplication.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de