Fwd: Re: [nag] nag 1.0RC3 problem

horde@martycombs.com horde@martycombs.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 23:50:27 -0700 (PDT)

Sound like a similar problem I've had with nag on RedHat 7.2.  Not only
would nag not add a new task, but it would not even delete a task which I
added manually to mysql.  Logging all queries to the database revealed
only select statements passed to mysql.  No insert or delete statements
were ever made.

I tried deleting the database entirely and re-adding it, removing all the
horde directory and re-checking it out from CVS.  I even had a friend tar
ball up his working horde setup (from a FreeBSD system) and give it to me.
Nothing worked.

I tried the setup today on a freshly installed RedHat 7.3 system and
experienced the same problems listed in the first paragraph.  It's as if
PHP (or horde) refuses to pass anything but a select statement to mysql.

marty :-(

"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."          --Ben Franklin

Marty Combs
traveller, geek, cat freak