[nag] shared lists

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 22 19:41:47 PST 2003

Quoting Hermit <hermit at stateofconfusion.net>:

> When I got things to where I thought the should be I did a cvs co nag in a
> test directory.  It appeared to recreate Nag in that directory.  So, I went
> to my horde directory and repeated the commands and got:

Since you don't have CVS HEAD of anything else, you can't use CVS HEAD of
nag (which is what you are trying to do).  You need to use releng as in

cvs co -r RELENG_1 nag

and once that is done, any future updates would be via "cvs update" rather
than "cvs co"

> cvs checkout: move away nag/README; it is in the way

This is telling you that you can do a "co" checkout in a directory that
already holds the files.

> C nag/README

That says there is a conflict.  In this case, it is the same problem as
above.  But normally this means it couldn't update the file, and you will
need to manually edit it to fix the conflict.  This is one of the most
important things to know about cvs use.

> I closed my browser, restarted apache. Still didn't see the coveted "shared"
> option.

I'm surprised you saw anything at all...

> So I moved my nag to nagbak and repeated the above command.  Now it
> complained about not having a conf.php file.

This is the correct way to do it.  But you need to use the RELENG_1 branch.
And then copy your nag/config/*.php files back in from your saved copy.
Then compare your nag/config/*.php files to the new nag/config/*.php.dist
files and make any needed changes (if any).

> Copied my old conf file back.  Then it complained about pear, which seems to
> work for everything else.

I wouldn't think you would have to update PEAR, and your message is probably
due to using the wrong branch.

> Since I have never used cvs before, I'm not sure I am doing this right.

You are close, but you need to make a few changes.  Try it again using
the above info.

Now, after all that, you still won't have the shared task lists, as I'm
sure that is only a CVS HEAD thing.  To get that, you will need to upgrade
all your Horde modules (including Horde itself) to CVS HEAD.  Not something
you probably want to do until you learn a lot more about CVS and how
Horde works.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics