[nag] nag problem.....continued

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 17 08:43:32 PDT 2003

Quoting Rick Kukiela <nag at tech-nine.net>:

You should keep these things on the list, so more people see them and
can help.

> Ok, i kinda narrowed it down but i dont wanna go much further because the
> program level here far surpasses mine...from what i can tell, the nag index
> php redirects to list php, then list.php calls lib/base.php and in that file
> there is a line like so:
>
> $conf = &$GLOBALS['conf'];

Yes.  The lines before that that call registry stuff should read the config
files, and set the $conf[] array, AFAIK.

> so what i did was, directly after that line, i put this:
> for($x = 0; $x < sizeof($conf); $x++) {
>   echo "$conf[$x]<br>\n";
> }
>
> and i got this on the output:
>
> Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/nag/lib/base.php on line 23
> Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/nag/lib/base.php on line 23
> Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/nag/lib/base.php on line 23
> Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/nag/lib/base.php on line 23
> Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/nag/lib/base.php on line 23
> Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/nag/lib/base.php on line 23
> and so on up till offset: 26

So the array isn't getting set right.  We pretty much already knew that.
We just don't know why it isn't getting set.

> So what this looks like to me, is some kinda bug in the session code, my

Registry code, or registry configuration...

> guess is that all the conf files are read in upon horde login and for
> whatever reason the nag conf file is not getting read in properly or
> something. Again, im not sure, i have no clue really, thats just an educated
> guess... can any of the developers help?

You're right in your basic assumptions (but I think wrong in your code paths
is all).

> Oh and the reason i think it works that way is because i dont see any code
> in the the files index.php or  list.php proceeding the call to the base.php
> file that look like its reading in the values from the conf file... but like
> i said, i dont *really* know what im talking about =)

Yeah, they should be read in lib/base.php, and I *think* that happens
in the registry calls.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics