[nag] priorities: 1-5 or 1-9?

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sat Apr 29 15:47:06 PDT 2006

Hi,

nag uses priorities 1-5 for tasks.
However rfc2445 (VCALENDAR 2.0 spec) states in section 4.8.1.9 Priority:

    zero to nine. A value of zero (US-ASCII decimal 48) specifies an
    undefined priority. A value of one (US-ASCII decimal 49) is the
    highest priority. A value of two (US-ASCII decimal 50) is the second
    highest priority. Subsequent numbers specify a decreasing ordinal
    priority. A value of nine (US-ASCII decimal 58) is the lowest
    priority.

So it uses 1-9. Two options:

1) stay with our 1-5 priorities. Map then from/to rfc2445 when
exporting/importing vcalendar data
2) convert our priorities to 1-9

I prefer 2). Any other suggestions or comments?

Cheers,
  Karsten