[sam] Re: using sam imp spamassasin????

Mark Fink mark_fink at web.de
Fri Feb 25 07:58:07 PST 2005

 >> I want to use clamav and spamassassin therefore the amavisd
 >> content-filtering mechanism is the way to go??!

 >Are you talking about "amavisd" or "amavisd-new"?
It is amavisd-new I guess

 >> From the sam distribution do I install only the amavisd_sql script or
 >> do I need spamd_sql too? Which database do I install the tables into?

 >You can install them into any database, as long as sam is set up to
 >use that database. You will want to install amavisd_sql, because
 >amavisd[-new] is what handles SpamAssassin, not sam. spamd_sql is
 >for using SA on it's own AFAIK.
Ok. I keept using horde database then and I removed the userpref table
and removed the spamd part from the the sam/config/backend.php file. Now
sam uses the the tables for amavisd_sql. :-))

 >They will go into wblist *if* sam is set to be the wblist
 >application in Horde's registry.php. I think ingo does this by
 >default, and uses sieve. You will need to move that "provides" from
 >ingo to sam in registry.php for sam to take over wblist duties.

 >> I think there is some havy configuration necessary on the amavisd side
 >> too. I googled a lot but I did not find the necessary adjustments.
Is it
 >> the amavisd.conf file?

 >There shouldn't be, if it's working, and uses the same DB that sam
 >does (so that it can see the wblist changes).
Ok. I guess the db access from the amavisd-new side is not specific to
horde/sam. Someone out there with the relevant amavisd.conf part at hand?

 >Josh
Many thanks Josh for your excellent help,
Mark