[sesha] Sesha Status

Nik Chanda nchanda at tachometry.com
Wed Jun 22 09:55:15 PDT 2005

>Yes Sesha works well for this kind of task. Actually at the company where
>this was initially developed Sesha was used to do more or less what
>you're describing, linking assets to Whups tickets/issues in and to
>clients defined in Turba. Since then Sesha has changed quite significantly
>(thanks to Andrew Coleman's excellent patches that made it much more
>extensible).
>
>To link Sesha assets to Whups tickets once again you could consider using
>Horde's Relationships class - this replaces the Links class, which is what
>was used for the initial work on Sesha.

Thank you for your welcome.  We have envisioned extending the system
exactly as Bo mentioned with interfaces to Whups and Turba through the
Relationship class.  The requirements documentation is completed and the
design documents are well underway.  We would like to extend the data
model slightly to allow systems (categories) to contain sub-systems and
support a zero-to-many structure for certain elements (properties) of a
system.

I will keep you in the loop on our progress and welcome any questions.
I noticed in the TODO that Andrew Coleman expressed interest in
extending Sesha to Merk as an e-commerce catalog.  Our proposed
extensions may be a little orthogonal to that goal.  Does anyone have
any thoughts or concerns?

Thanks.

Nik