[sesha] Sesha Status

Bo Daley bo at darkwork.net
Tue Jun 21 14:12:30 PDT 2005

> > I was wondering if anyone is tracking on this list.  I noticed that the
> > archives show a last posting of August 2004.  Our team has been working
> > on an asset tracking module for the Horde framework (much like the IRM
> > project). The sesha module has a very extensible data model that fits
> > this project very well.  While we are not specifically targeting
> > inventory (such as in-store stock), we would like to extend the module
> > to support asset and issue tracking.
>
> Assets would seem to fit, issues would seem to fit better with Whups
> (which also has a very flexible data model).

Yes Sesha works well for this kind of task. Actually at the company where
this was initially developed Sesha was used to do more or less what
you're describing, linking assets to Whups tickets/issues in and to
clients defined in Turba. Since then Sesha has changed quite significantly
(thanks to Andrew Coleman's excellent patches that made it much more
extensible).

To link Sesha assets to Whups tickets once again you could consider using
Horde's Relationships class - this replaces the Links class, which is what
was used for the initial work on Sesha.

> > Is anyone currently managing this project?  If so I would like to open a
> > discussion about assisting in the further development.
>
> Bo Daley is the one who did the initial work on Sesha (he wrote it for
> internal use, then imported it later. He's been pretty busy; if you
> wanted to run with Sesha you'd be more than welcome to. So discuss away!

Yes, this list is here for discussing Sesha, so any ideas are welcome..

bo.