[sork] Re: Horde/Vacation problem

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:12:29 -0500

Quoting MiikaT <mlist@finansium.fi>:

> I wonder if you could spare some time to give me some pointers for your
> vacation implemention for Horde project.

Sure.

> I've used the Horde 2.0/Vacation
> successfully with Linux+Apache 1.3.17+php-4.1.2, recently Apache was
> upgareded to 1.3.26 and Php to 4.2.1 and as test environment Horde 2.1.

FYI, we've had lots of trouble with PHP 4.2.1 (not just my modules, most any
php modules).  4.2.1 has a tendency to break a lot of things.

> Everything seemed to work smoothly, except for Vacation in both horde
> installations. I downgraded the Php back to 4.1.2 and vacation started
> working with Horde 2.0, but 2.1 fails. I used Ethereal network sniffer to
> see what actually happens when vacation tries to setup the files, as I all I
> could get is an error message:
>
> "Failure in modifying vacation notice: Could not set forwarding!"
>
> I believe that Vacation doesn't try to send .forward file with horde 2.1,
> but I really can't figure out why.

I would guess (and it is just a guess) that it can't create the tmp file
that it needs to create for some reason.  Strange though if the forwards
modules works???  (Do you run that module?)  I was looking at the tmp file
code yesterday and noticed it is really, really bad...

What version of vacation are you running (cvs head, cvs releng_2, tar head,
or tar releng_2)?  If you let me know what version you are running, I'll
try to get you a new version with better tmp file and debugging code...

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage