[sork] password string length

Erik Slooff erik@slooff.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:52:51 +0200

Hi,

I was wondering if it's a good idea to have 2 variables defined per server in
passwd/config/conf.php for password length control. Eg. min_password_length and
max_password_length added to the $conf['server']['......'] arrays.

I got a 500 error from poppassd in horde and I also saw some syslog errors from
PAM which at first I couldn't understand. It appeared that in /etc/login.defs
max password length was set to 8 chars and the new password string I had
entered was longer.

To prevent this you could show a message in the password change screen that
shows what the min and max length should be (and maybe even adjust the field
length in the form?).

Just my 2 cts,

Bye

Erik