[sork] Re: Passwd changing IMP + LDAP + POP3

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:56:36 -0500

Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>:

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
>  | I like this method, and am willing to switch to it if I get enough
>  | support.  With you, there are now 2 for the switch, 1 against.  So if
>  | you want I can make the change now ;)
>
> Please make that three for the switch:-)

Okay, I've updated the HEAD CVS code for the ldap changes.  Should work now
with the self-updating password (bind as guest, look up user, re-bind as
user and change the password).

Please test it and let me know what happens.

The issue with this that was reported to me, as opposed to the other way
of binding as root and changing the password, is as follows:

> now this works perfect in my configuration, but when using pam-ldap, the
>
> by anonymous auth
>
> has to be
>
> by anonymous read
>
> otherwise pam-ldap refuses to authenticate. Atleast that's would i've read a
> couple of times.

Any one know anything about pam-ldap and why its ldap acl might differ from
other installations?

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage