[sork] updates today, and future topics

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:17:39 -0500

Here's a summary of what has happened since yesterday:

* We got our own mailing list
* Sork alias for the modules (try: cvs co sork)
* We're now linked from the main horde web site "Projects" page (as Sork)
* Now listed on the main horde web site CVS modules page (each module)
* Updated web pages for each module, including screenshots, download links, etc.
* Removed reference to PhyNet from "accounts" modules
* Updated slightly the vacation module to help streamline the ftp code
* Updated ldap support for anonymous searches (still debating final direction
  for this, but think we're making progress)
* Updated INSTALL docs to refer to this mailing list

Not bad for one day!  Add to that the recent addition of smb/cifs password
changing support in the password module via smbpasswd, and that's some good
progress!

Things I still want to discuss on the list:

1) More ldap changes...  And better documentation for it...
2) Adding the modules to the options/preferences screens instead of icons
   in the menu bar (as an unsupported option -- basically just saying how to
   do this in the INSTALL files).
3) Variations on the forwards/vacation modules for procmail, sieve, etc.
4) Pre-filling fields in the forwards/vacation modules based on current values.

What a start to the mailing list!  Thanks to everyone for your contributions!

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage