[sork] string length

Leena Heino Leena.Heino@uta.fi
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:38:19 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Yes, we could set a min/max length in the conf.php file.  We would need
> to decide on reasonable defaults in case they are not set (even if the
> default is no check at all).  This raises questions like should we let
> the user set their password to a null (empty) password, etc.  Normally
> these are more site-specific policy decisions, but an argument could be
> made that we should try to protect people from themselves also...

I would like that I could set some policy issues set within password module:
- Min and Max length of the password. default value min(6) max(32)
- Wheter empty passwords are allowed. default value no

Feature requests:
- As one can get users' old password quite easily then, then check
wheter this is users login password within password module. This allows
error message to be printed within password module and therefore
it can be localized.
- As you can get users' old password easily then check the this old
password against new password within passwd module. This allow error

--
  -- Leena Heino (liinu at uta dot fi)