[sork] string length

Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:06:32 -0500

Quoting Leena Heino <Leena.Heino@uta.fi>:

> I would like that I could set some policy issues set within password module:
> - Min and Max length of the password. default value min(6) max(32)
> - Wheter empty passwords are allowed. default value no
>
> Feature requests:
> - As one can get users' old password quite easily then, then check
> wheter this is users login password within password module. This allows
> error message to be printed within password module and therefore
> it can be localized.
> - As you can get users' old password easily then check the this old
> password against new password within passwd module. This allow error
> message to be printed within password module and therefore it can be
> localized.
>
> > --
> > Eric Rostetter

These are all discussed briefly in the TODO file. I think the hypothetical
objections I've raised in the past may not be reasonable, and maybe we
should progress down this path.  Will take yeah/nay votes on these issues...

> --
>   -- Leena Heino (liinu at uta dot fi)

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage