[sork] Re: Some suggestions/changes to passwd module

Mattias Webjörn Eriksson mattias@webjorn.org
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:45:04 +0200 (MEST)

Eric,

The ldap.php.patch contains bugs. I sent you the wrong one.
I'm sorry for that.
I'll send you another set of patches soon (about an hour from now or so).
I've added a new feature to this set, and that is the possibility
to bind as a real user instead of guest.
Hey wait, isn't that going back to the original design?
Well, no. My main argument for the current design is security, and
this new feature is added with security in mind. I'll add comments for
each function that I change.

To allow guest is not all good since an unwanted person could easily get
all mail addresses from the ldap directory and send spam. This adds the
possibility to use a real user instead of guest.

/Mattias