[sork] sork now on ftp.horde.org

Derek J. Balling dredd@megacity.org
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:53:00 -0400

[resent to list because I forgot to cc the list on my reply]

>I assume you are doing nothing wrong, and that your vacation program is
>just more picky (correct) than most.  I don't know that for sure, but
>it is reasonable to assume that is the case.  If you let me know more
>about how your vacation works, maybe we can find a workaround...

AUTHOR
      vacation was developed by Eric Allman and the University of California,
      Berkeley in 1983.
      This version is maintained by Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> and contains
      code taken from the three free BSD and some patches applied to a linux
      port.

My workaround, btw, was do to:

vacation -i -f foo.db
mv foo.db /etc/horde2/vacation_template.db

and change "/dev/null" to "/etc/horde2/vacation_template.db" in vacation.php

Worked like a champ.

I _THINK_ most vacation programs support the "-i -f FILENAME", most
of the ones I've come across, anyway.  Might be worth making that
part of the documentation/configurations.

You'll want to do configure that on a per-mailhost basis, though,
(seeing a bug ahead of time). It's possible mailhost1 is using DB2,
mailhost2 is using DB3 and mailhost3 is using DB4, and each of those
would need a different "initialized template", since they're not
really intercompatible.

So maybe "make a vacation.db template on the $MAILHOST, using that
mailhost's vacation program, copy it to
$HORDEMACHINE:/some/path/$MAILHOST.vacation.db, and reference THAT
path in the vacation.php file?

Confusing? A little, but it seems the best way to do it.

| Derek J. Balling             | "You can get more with a kind  |
| Sr. System Administrator     |  word and a two-by-four, than  |
| dballing@byramhealthcare.com |  you can with just a kind      |
| +1 (914) 286-2044            |  word."               - Marcus |
| Derek J. Balling             | "You can get more with a kind  |
| dredd@megacity.org           |  word and a two-by-four, than  |
| www.megacity.org/blog/       |  you can with just a kind      |
|                              |  word."               - Marcus |