[sork] Using other than unix password for Horde / IMAP

Tommi Sakari Uimonen tuimonen@cc.hut.fi
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:49:23 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi. Is it possible to use a password different from unix password for IMAP? This way I could authenticate to Imp without making any changes to current (2.1 & 3.1) configuration.

Or is it possible to set up Horde(/Imp) to use others, like smb password?

I found some custom hack, which was using mysql to set up different passwords:

http://www.vkinetic.com/hordedev/

Our university has modified Imp and within unix you can change the mail password to be other than unix password. So itīs possible :)

Tommi Uimonen