[sork] vacation program db formats

Derek J. Balling dredd@megacity.org
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:25:24 -0400

At 11:02 AM -0400 7/12/02, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>Quoting "Derek J. Balling" <dredd@megacity.org>:
>
>>  Exactly. I'd have "undefined"=="null", and then you don't have to
>>  special case the use of /dev/null, but yeah, this seems like a winner
>>  to me as well, and not just cuz I thought of it. ;-)
>
>Random thought... is there a reason you need /dev/null, and not, say, touch
>()? Because touch() would work fine for someone on windows, and /dev/null
>wouldn't...

I think, and don't quote me on it, that going forward it won't be
using either, but it'd end up just using an included, zero-byte, file.

I can't speak to why it got written as it did, cuz I'm a Horde
Newbie, but I suspect that'll be going away shortly. :-)

| Derek J. Balling             | "You can get more with a kind  |
| dredd@megacity.org           |  word and a two-by-four, than  |
| www.megacity.org/blog/       |  you can with just a kind      |
|                              |  word."               - Marcus |