[sork] Vacation feature suggestion

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:09:07 -0500

Quoting Doug Curtis <doug.curtis@world-mail.org>:

> in perl).  Anyway, the only option it has that would be cool in sork's
> vacation is the ability to specify the mail alias file.

A couple of people have mentioned this.

> IE; for me it checks the doug account in the alias file and automatically
> adjusts the vacation forward to \doug, "|/usr/bin/vacation  -a doug.curtis
> doug"

Not all vacation programs support an alias (-a switch) so we'd have to
make this configurable.

> asking for an alias might be easier.  Again, from a coding standpoint, I have
> no idea.  Maybe I should get off of my duff and try to learn.

I can probably code something up if people want this, or I'll accept patches ;)

As I said, I've got one or two requests for this, but no landslide of
requests.  So for now it is kind of low on my priority list.  I'm willing
to take a "virtual raising of hands" as to how many feel this is an
important issue though, and if I get lots of hands move it up the priority
list...

> Anyway, if this feature already exists and I haven't opened my eyes wide
> enough, please disregard.

Nope, it isn't currently implemented, or planned to be implemented.  Not
sure if it even made the TODO list yet.

> Thanks for listening.

Thanks for participating!

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage