[sork] Vacation feature suggestion

Doug Curtis doug.curtis@world-mail.org
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:03:56 -0400

I was just checking out the vacation feature of sork and had a comment.  I
have been using the cgi vacation program from http://devil.medialab.at

It seems to be very similar to the vacation in sork (except that it is written
in perl).  Anyway, the only option it has that would be cool in sork's
vacation is the ability to specify the mail alias file.  It it specified in
the cgi file and then it check the file for the first alias for your account.
IE; for me it checks the doug account in the alias file and automatically
adjusts the vacation forward to \doug, "|/usr/bin/vacation  -a doug.curtis
doug"

I am not a programmer so I don't know how to implement this but it would seems
that the addition of a line in the conf.php specifying the alias file would be
logical.  Then, some more code somewhere else checking the alias file for a
match or just simply adding a form in the main page of the vacation page
asking for an alias might be easier.  Again, from a coding standpoint, I have
no idea.  Maybe I should get off of my duff and try to learn.

Anyway, if this feature already exists and I haven't opened my eyes wide
enough, please disregard.

Thanks for listening.

Doug