[sork] Is /admin part of sork? + patches for samba and apg.

Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:12:23 -0500

Quoting Tarjei Huse <tarjei+a_lists.phpgw@nu.no>:

> Hi,
>
> 1. I downloaded the /admin project from cvs. Is this part of Sork? If not,
> where deos i belong?

No, it is not part of sork.  It is part of horde (the core project).

> I'm considering extending the driver so I can let
> som non-technical users use horde to add and remove users in a wider setting
> (samba & posix).

You should go to the horde or dev mailing lists for this.

> 2. I've made a few patches to passwd:
>
> One patch that makes use of the program mkntpwd to create samba/samba-tng
> nt/lm passwd hashes and change them as well. This is usefull if your
> samba-ldapserver is not on the same machine or you do not want to bother
> samba with the pwd changing prosess.

The current samba code would work here.  But we can add a new smbldap
class for this if you want, to bypass the samba server for smbldap users.

> Another problem I've wanted to get around is users choosing stupid passwords
> (name of their pet dog etc.).
>
> The idea is to use program called apg (found on sourceforge) to greate
> random passwords and then display a list of suggested passwords to the
> user and ask him/her to use one of them.

I would rather not require an external program (apg) for this.  We can
generate random passwords ourself, without an external program...

> The changes are not perfect, but I hope that you will consider them, suggest
> changes and/or adapt them into sork.

I'll take a look as soon as I get time.

> Yours,
>
> Tarjei Huse

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage