[sork] realm

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 23:25:47 +0200

Eric,

Don't know if you had much time to look at the stuff I submitted, but there
is one thing bugging me. It is the implementation of Realm.

In the conf.php file one sets what the domain should be for the ftp server.
This was working fine in earlier versions, but since the implementation of
the Drivers, it has not, and it basically seems because that the setting in
conf.php is overridden by what is set in the servers.php of IMP. as there
is no setting for the ftp server in servers.php of IMP, it uses something
else. I haven't figured out what, but definitely not realm, as changing that
there does not change it within the forwards module.

So I basically put a cludge in there to force the setting back to what the
setting in conf.php of forwards was (default). This being two reasons, one
it chooses a domain name, and not 'localhost', and also I specifically want
it to be localhost, for secuity reasons, that it doesn't have to go through
the domain.name ftp port.

How is this working out?

cheers,
tim.

Teletechnics Afield
Tel +44 (0)7785 977 087 Fax +44 (0)20 7681 1178
mailto:email@teletechnics.com   http://www.teletechnics.com

currently in: Barcelona, Spain