[sork] Re: passwd program

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:23:58 +0200

I have a similar issue with my server, where it is returning 300 ~~ instead
of 200 ~~ on some of the return codes, and thus falls over, although it
does tell me the password change was not successful. I had to change the
test for the return statement in the script to do this. I believe this is a
problem with the older poppasswd daemon. I don't know if this is the same
issue though, but it sounds similar.

Wednesday, July 31, 2002, 3:55:39 PM, you (Eric) wrote:

ER> Quoting Andrej Pauer <andrej@pauer.sk>:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with your program. I am running Linux RH73, apache 1.3.23
>> with php and mod_ssl and poppassd. I install HORDE 2.1 with IMP 3.1 and
>> running it on https web page. Everything is OK, but if I want to change
>> password through your program it is not working, your program wrote that
>> password was changed but it was not changed. If I try to change password
>> directly with telnet on port 106, it's OK, but through passwd not.
>> If you now something that it can help me, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks.

ER> Anyone have any clues?  I'm stumped...

ER> Andrej: If you can, capture the telnet session and send it to me.  Maybe
ER> your poppassd is returning some non-standard strings or something.  Just
ER> a cut/paste of the telnet session changing a password, with the password
ER> text removed, would be fine.

ER> --
ER> Eric Rostetter
ER> The Department of Physics
ER> The University of Texas at Austin

ER> "TAD (Technology Attachment Disorder) is an unshakable, impractical devotion
ER> to a brand, platform, product line, or programming language. It's relatively
ER> harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage
ER> can be measured in dollars. It's also contagious -- someone with sufficient
ER> political clout can infect an entire organization."

ER> --"Enterprise Strategies" columnist Tom Yager.

Teletechnics Afield
Tel +44 (0)7785 977 087 Fax +44 (0)20 7681 1178
mailto:email@teletechnics.com   http://www.teletechnics.com

currently in: Barcelona, Spain