[sork] Re: passwd program

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:55:39 -0500

Quoting Andrej Pauer <andrej@pauer.sk>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with your program. I am running Linux RH73, apache 1.3.23
> with php and mod_ssl and poppassd. I install HORDE 2.1 with IMP 3.1 and
> running it on https web page. Everything is OK, but if I want to change
> password through your program it is not working, your program wrote that
> password was changed but it was not changed. If I try to change password
> directly with telnet on port 106, it's OK, but through passwd not.
> If you now something that it can help me, please let me know.
>
> Thanks.

Anyone have any clues?  I'm stumped...

Andrej: If you can, capture the telnet session and send it to me.  Maybe
your poppassd is returning some non-standard strings or something.  Just
a cut/paste of the telnet session changing a password, with the password
text removed, would be fine.

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage