Fwd: [sork] fetchmail frontend for sork?

Sun, 4 Aug 2002 23:26:08 -0500

Quoting shannon@flyingmug.com:

> I know i asked this question already....but i had some mail server issues and
> i think the response was lost.
>

> Is there a plan or way to create a fetchmail front end like the sork>forward
> product.  The forward is great but I would rather be able to retrieve mail.
>
> Shannon

It hit the list, and I answered.  But here's the summary, updated:

1) I used to have a module for this.
2) IMP now has such a function in CVS versions, and it is much better than
   mine was (or would likely be).
3) So no, there won't be a sork module for this, since it will be IMP.

I haven't checked yet, but I think it is in IMP RELENG_3.  (I have a copy
in an archive for 3.1-cvs, which I guess is RELENG_3, and a better one in
4.0-cvs, which I guess is HEAD).

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage