[sork] vacation problem - DOS line endings

Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:55:55 -0500

Quoting Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ie>:

>  Hi all,
>
>  I just installed vacation, and it works beautifully, but there is one
>  major annoyance: the generated .vacation.msg has DOS line endings
>  (those dreaded ^M's). The overall effect is that the headers below
>  the Subject: header are duplicated in the body of the vacation message.
>
>  I checked all the files in the vacation distribution, but I have no idea
>  how this actually happens.

My guess is that either:

* Your web broswer is including them in the submitted text
* Your ftp server is inserting them in the ftp transfer

But I'll have to try to check on this, and see if I can figure it out
or reproduce it.  By chance are you setting the vacation from a web
browser running on a windows platform?

>  horde 2.1
>  vacation 2.0
>  Solaris 7/SPARC

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage