[sork] Vacation Ftp problem

Federico Guizzardi federb@netfarm.it
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:31:58 +0200

This is the problem. Horde says me that there isn't ftp support. I know in
my server the ftp from shell is ok, but php isn't configurated too. how can
i do it?? do you know where i can find a simple howto??

At 13.51 22/08/2002 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>Quoting Federico Guizzardi <federb@netfarm.it>:
>
> > Hi, this is my first time about installing horde and vacation, and i found
> > a little problem:
> > when i put my password and try to submit the vacation form, the answer is
> > that there's a problem with a constant undefined called FTP_ASCII.
> > Can someone help me??
> > Thanks a lot.
> > Bye.
>
>One of two problems.
>
>First cause would be if you don't have ftp support in your php.  Run the
>horde/test.php script and check if you have ftp support.  If not, install it.
>
>Second cause would be if you are running the tarball release of vacation,
>with PHP 4.2?  AFAIK, his only occurs with PHP 4.2 and above, and was fixed
>in CVS a while back (back when PHP 4.2 came out).  If so, either upgrade to
>a newer CVS version (RELENG_2) of vacation, or edit vacation.php and remove
>the quotes from around any references to "FTP_ASCII".  (That is, change
>"FTP_ASCII" to FTP_ASCII).  I think it only occurs once in the file, but
>not sure...
>
>--
>Eric Rostetter
>The Department of Physics
>The University of Texas at Austin
>
>"TAD (Technology Attachment Disorder) is an unshakable, impractical devotion
>to a brand, platform, product line, or programming language. It's relatively
>harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage
>can be measured in dollars. It's also contagious -- someone with sufficient
>political clout can infect an entire organization."
>
>--"Enterprise Strategies" columnist Tom Yager.

                                                                     Federico
Guizzardi
Netfarm System Admin                                        www.netfarm.it
E-mail:
federb@netfarm.it
Tel.:                                                             +39 050
75 43 30/1
Fax:                                                               +39 050
75 43 32