[sork] couple of questions

Chris Petersen lists@forevermore.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:00:27 -0700 (PDT)

I was recently pointed towards the Horde project, and have fallen in love
with the whole concept (not to mention the great software).  Anyway, I'm
trying to set up a system for a few domains that I host for friends, and
want to provide an all-around package that includes things like vacation,
etc.

My problem is that I run a combination of real accounts ("user") and
virtual accounts ("user@domain.tld").  using password, vacation, etc.
should work fine for the real accounts, but the virtual accounts have no
login, and are grouply owned by a nologin user.

Has anyone else run into these issues before?  I figure that because the
horde system is running on the same machine as my mail server, I could
hook something up so that I could use suexec to call a script to change
the password (or add the vacation text, etc), but if I do this, I'd like
to be able to help add it to the project as a whole, and wanted to check
about standards, etc.

Thanks,

-Chris