[sork] Re: [imp] passwd

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:54:57 -0500

Quoting Steve Mansfield <slm@getreal.co.uk>:

> trying to get passwd-2.0 working with IMP, using RH7.1
> I keep getting "Connection Refused" when trying to change a passwd. In
[...]
> allowing localhost access to
> poppassd through hosts.deny ( clutching at straws really ) but it don't
> work.
> I can't telnet to localhost 106 ( connection refused ).

Well, random checks:

1) Check access in /etc/hosts.allow (rather than or in addition to hosts.deny).
2) Check if you have a firewall (ipchains or iptables) running and blocking it.
3) Check if you have a poppassd server entry in /etc/xinetd.d/
4) If there is an entry in /etc/xinetd.d for it, make sure it isn't disabled
   in that file.
5) make sure you have a popassd daemon installed at all.

> Any ideas ?

Just the above.  If you have any followups, I recommend you subscribe (if not
already) to the sork mailing list (see http://www.horde.org/mail/ and/or
http://lists.horde.org) and discuss it there.