[sork] Passwd Branching soon?

Mike Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 01:20:10 +1200

Eric, are you planning on branching passwd anytime soon? With your permission, I
would like to rework the drivers system to match that of the other horde modules
like gollem, imp, ingo.

This would be a rather substantial change with the following benifits:
- Consistancy and easier configuration.
- Would allow different drivers for different realms.
- Get the server config out of conf.php and into backends.php
- Allow conf.php to be removed and replaced with conf.xml

Other changes I would like to make are:
- When a user is allready logged in don't prompt for the current password again,
we can get this from Auth::, or at least make this a configurable option.
- Auto log the user out after they successfully change their password.

This would mean that passwd would only work with the HEAD version of Horde, I'm
not sure what it's current status is in regard to this.

- Mike :-)