[sork] Two buglets in vacation 2.1

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ie
Wed Oct 9 19:08:15 2002

> vacation 2.1   new driver based system, add real database files instead of
>                /dev/null, more locales, html code cleanup, better temp file
>                handling, bug fixes.

 Alright, the control-M problem I reported weeks ago is back.

 The preliminary fix you supplied by replacing ^M with a single space
 is invalid - the problem persists. The only correct solution is to
 strip the control characters.

 However, I have one more clue now what happens (and it's also the
 reason why I thought the workaround was valid):

 The default vacation template includes a Subject: line, just what you
 get when running vacation directly. However, the ^M's are ignored by
 vacation if there is no empty line between the Subject: line and the
 body of the message. one that empty line appears, several message headers
 (excluding Subject:) appear in the body of the vacation message.

 Second issue with the new vacation: there seems to be no logout button.
 In the old version, it was right next to the help button.