[sork] new accounts functionality in cvs head

Wed Oct 16 04:47:05 PDT 2002

Quoting Mike Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> Maybe you could call it posix or gecos (the first makes more sense to me) and
> move the IMP quota drivers into horde and save duplicating the code. Then you

This would work, and I thought about proposing it, but...

> could get the quota infomation in a more abstacted way.

Yes.  Problem is, can you really move the IMAP specific quota functions
to Horde?  That is, if the quota info is returned by the IMAP server,
then wouldn't moving it to Horde just duplicate IMP code in Horde rather
than duplicating IMP code in Accounts?

> Or add an API to IMP to get the quota information that way.

I also thought about that, but I have no idea how to do it. But this would
seem to be the best way to do it.  There are several places in Horde it
may make sense to put the quota (summary page, gollem, accounts, IMP of
course) so making it available as an API would allow this without any code
duplication.

I know zip about writing Horde API stuff, so if someone else wants to take
this on, I'll gladly use it and change the name of the module :)