[sork] Re: RE : Passwd

Wed Oct 23 15:36:55 2002

Quoting Nicolas Strina <nicolas.strina@smart-telecom.ch>:

> I am ruuning passwd current, i mean the last version. (found on horde
> ftp).

Okay, so you downloaded it recently?  Check passwd/lib/version.php for
the real version number.

> I am already in IMP mailing list.

But this has nothing to do with IMP.  You should ask this on the
sork mailing list, as there are others on the sork mailing list using
passwd via ldap (and I'm not one of them) who could help you.

The IMP mailing list is not the correct place to post such messages,
and sending to individual people may not get you as much help as the
list due to the audience size of the list.

> Here is the config sample:
>
> $conf['server']['type'] = 'ldap';

That isn't valid for current releases.  So either you don't have the
current release, or you configured it wrong.  Current config would be:

$conf['server']['driver'] = 'ldap';

> $conf['server']['default'] = array(
>       host => "ldap.vtx.ch", port => 289,
>       rootdn => "o=VTX Services,c=CH",
>       uid => "mail", encryption => 'crypt');

Same here.  Proper current config (for anonymous bind) would be something like:

$conf['server']['params']['default'] = array(
       host => "ldap.vtx.ch", port => 289,
       basedn => "o=VTX Services,c=CH",
       uid => "mail", encryption => 'crypt');

So either you don't have the current version, or you have the current
version but your configuration is for an older version.