[sork] LDAP ?

Fri Nov 1 21:39:38 2002

Quoting Diego Rivera <diego@nomadic-solutions.com>:

> Hey guys!
>
> I've come up with a "replacement" for both the vacation and forwarding
> modules.

Okay, if you can show it is better.

> It's more modular than before - i.e., it abstracts the FTP to a point,
> but this abstraction could be improved (working on it now).

You'd have to show how this is better than the current system.

> I'll e-mail you guys a copy later, and I'm also considering submitting
> this into Horde for replacement of both projects.

Sure, send it to the sork list and we'll check it out.  If it is better,
then there is no reason not to replace it.

> Among the advantages are:

> though)

Already provided for in the current (CVS HEAD) version.  I think this
support is even in the latest release version.

> - Single screen for forward/vacation

There has been much talk about this, but no real work.  The changes
are really very trivial (which makes me wonder why I never did it
before).

> - No "enter your password" thinghy (the restriction is that the IMAP
> password has to be the same as the FTP password, as this is the one
> used, and it's gotten from IMP's settings).  This could be changed

This is a reduction in both functionality and security.  This would
definately not get put into sork, and I would be against it going into
horde, unless at best it was a configurable setting.

You may find this convenient, but it is a big reduction in functionality
over the current CVS HEAD and a security concern also.