[sork] LDAP ?

Thu Nov 14 01:18:42 2002

Quoting Diego Rivera <lrivera@racsa.co.cr>:

> > > Hey guys!
> > >
> > > I've come up with a "replacement" for both the vacation and forwarding
> > > modules.

I've looked through your code the best I could, and about the only thing
that really wow'd me was the api.php file.  I've modified that and
added it to the CVS HEAD versions of forwards and vacations.  I've also
added a call to it from the accounts summary page in CVS HEAD of accounts.

Real cool!  I'd been avoiding trying to figure out how to do an api.php
file (despite Chuck's reassurances) and your example was just what I needed
to inspire me to implement one.

Thanks for sharing your code and your ideas.  I'm still weighing the
pros and cons of combining forwards+vacation into one module.  Not sure
yet which is best, so I'm leaving it as is for now.

> I also added the "api.php" file to show a brief status when the main
> horde screen is shown (i.e., forward active, vacation active, etc.).

I really trimmed this down, but at least there is something there.  I'll
revisit it when I find time.

> Anyway, look it over and send me your comments.  I'd really like to know
> how good (bad?) my PHP is coming from someone who's been doing a lot
> more of it than I.

You're php isn't bad...  Keep up the good work!

> Best
>
> Diego

BTW, for anyone still reading all the way down here...  I've updated the
CVS HEAD forwards/accounts "forwards" (ftp) drivers.  They now use the
Horde_VFS:: class for all ftp instead of having their own ftp calls...

In the long term, this should be better, though right now it actually
causes a loss of some error message context...  Still a work in progress,
but it makes create ftp-based drivers much easier.  Also would allow
for drivers based on any of the other Horde_VFS:: backends if appropriate
(e.g. the sql driver, etc).