[sork] qmail drivers added

Fri Nov 15 18:52:17 2002

Quoting Nate Mollring <nmollring@cennecs.org>:

> It looks like it should work without a problem if the .qmail file isn't
> already used.

Yes, this is true for all ftp driven files.

> For me, we use procmail on every account

So do we, but not via the .forward/.qmail method...

> so the qmail driver won't work.

Well, depends on what you use procmail for.  What is in your procmail
script?  I think from when we talked a long time ago, you use it for
spam filtering or something?

> How do you switch to the qmail driver?

Just change the driver type.  I accidently added this to my conf.php file
rather than the conf.php.dist file, so it didn't get commited before.  It
is fixed in CVS now.  I figured this out last night, but haven't been
online to fix it until now.

>  An option in the conf.php file might work.

Just set the driver type to qmail, as is now "documented" (barely) in the
conf.php.dist file.  The rest of the settings (ftp setup, etc) are
common with the "forwards" driver.

> I attached the modified forward driver that makes my procmail work
> with vacation without a problem.

I'm thinking about a configuration option which says something like
"Add this to the .forward/.qmail file before anything else you add" to
handle this situation, but I'm not sure if/when I'll get around to this
as it is a little needed feature (you're the only one I know of who needs
such as feature).

> It's a little trickier since you have to
> delete the .qmail before it can be changed since VFS is used.

I don't understand that, or why it would be?  Can you explain further
on that?