[sork] qmail drivers added

Nate Mollring nmollring@cennecs.org
Sat Nov 16 03:12:44 2002

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Nate Mollring <nmollring@cennecs.org>:
>
> > It looks like it should work without a problem if the .qmail file isn't
> > already used.
>
> Yes, this is true for all ftp driven files.
>
> > For me, we use procmail on every account
>
> So do we, but not via the .forward/.qmail method...
>
> > so the qmail driver won't work.
>
> Well, depends on what you use procmail for.  What is in your procmail
> script?  I think from when we talked a long time ago, you use it for
> spam filtering or something?
Yes, right now our virus software also scans for spam(and does a very good job--
RAV antivirus), but it won't allow me to set it up so all the spam mail gets
moved to a specific account if it is spam.  It simply adds a subject(possible
spam) and delivers the email.  I set up a procmail on all the accounts move all
mail with "possible spam" in the subject to my junkfilter account.  The next
version of RAV will support moving the spam directly.

> > How do you switch to the qmail driver?
>
> > I attached the modified forward driver that makes my procmail work
> > with vacation without a problem.
>
> I'm thinking about a configuration option which says something like
> "Add this to the .forward/.qmail file before anything else you add" to
> handle this situation, but I'm not sure if/when I'll get around to this
> as it is a little needed feature (you're the only one I know of who needs
> such as feature).

I understand.  If I need to alter it a bit, that's not a problem.  When I get
the newer RAV(or do some stuff with global qmail files) I won't need it either.

> > It's a little trickier since you have to
> > delete the .qmail before it can be changed since VFS is used.
>
> I don't understand that, or why it would be?  Can you explain further
> on that?
Only added that because my old changes to the forward file wouldn't work.
Before using VFS(I think anyway), I could just write the .qmail file directly--
even if it existed.  It would just replace the file.  Now I get an error if the
file already exists.  A simple delete, then write works fine.
thanks for the input on the vacation module--probably the most liked part of my
production install by my users.
Nate

> > Nate
>
> --