[sork] commit please

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 9 21:48:50 PST 2002

Quoting Anton Nekhoroshikh <anton@valuehost.ru>:

> Hello, sork.

Anton - I know I've committed some of your patches, and they've made sense.

But PLEASE: GIVE US A REASON TO COMMIT YOUR CODE.

You wrote the patch, so you theoretically know what it does. Don't just send
it off to the list, *ordering* us to commit it, with NO EXPLANATION AT ALL.
It's arrogant, and it makes us do more work that we should have to in order
to use your submission. Just a sentence or two, even, saying what you're
changing or how you're fixing something and what was broken about the old way.

I appreciate your contributions, and I hope you continue making them. But I
personally am not dealing well with all of the patches with no explanation.

I'll leave this particular patch to the SORK team to commit or not, or to
wait for an explanation from you.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."