[sork] commit please

Anton Nekhoroshikh anton at valuehost.ru
Mon Dec 9 22:07:09 PST 2002

Hello, Chuck.

You wrote 10 äåêàáðÿ 2002 ã., 0:48:50:

CH> Quoting Anton Nekhoroshikh <anton@valuehost.ru>:

>> Hello, sork.

CH> Anton - I know I've committed some of your patches, and they've made sense.

CH> But PLEASE: GIVE US A REASON TO COMMIT YOUR CODE.

The reason simple, at me is about 20000 users at whom passwords are stored
in different versions of the mechanism crypt (MD5,DES), to alter other programs which
are able to read true salt and to apply necessary a method of coding
it is unprofitable.

CH> You wrote the patch, so you theoretically know what it does. Don't just send
CH> it off to the list, *ordering* us to commit it, with NO EXPLANATION AT ALL.
CH> It's arrogant, and it makes us do more work that we should have to in order
CH> to use your submission. Just a sentence or two, even, saying what you're
CH> changing or how you're fixing something and what was broken about the old way.

CH> I appreciate your contributions, and I hope you continue making them. But I
CH> personally am not dealing well with all of the patches with no explanation.

CH> I'll leave this particular patch to the SORK team to commit or not, or to
CH> wait for an explanation from you.

I apologize did not want to offend.
Simply at me still besides and bad English: (

--
 Anton                          mailto:anton@valuehost.ru