[sork] Problem with the vacation database in vacation-2.1

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 10 21:47:56 PST 2002

Quoting Glynn Condez <glynncondez2001@yahoo.com>:

> I found a little a trick regarding vacation database
> problem. since my vacation database is not supported
> by the database from vacation package.

How did you determine that it wasn't supported?  What format do you need?

> Heres what I did:
>
> 1. login as root
> 2. generate the vacation database "vacation -i"
> 3. copied the vacation.db to vacation/files
> 4. temporarily moved the empty.empty.bin to other name
> 5. move .vacation.db to empty.empty.bin

By copying it to empty.bin you will overwrite it if you ever update the
vacation module.  You should really create a new file name and configure
it to use that instead.  If you leave it as-is, it should work, but you
will need to be careful when/if you upgrade.

> This procedure works for me.

Okay, but I'm not sure it was needed, and I know it is not the "proper"
way to do things. But it should indeed work.