[sork] Problem with the vacation database in vacation-2.1

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Dec 11 08:56:32 PST 2002

Quoting Glynn Condez <glynncondez2001@yahoo.com>:

> Im playing on different dbtypes on conf.php and it
> wont work. I only work when I use the .vacation.db
> generated by vavation -i.
>
> file .vavation.db report something like this:
> Berkeley DB (Hash, version 7, native byte-order)

Sounds like if anything it would be the empty.hash3.bin file.  That is in
CVS HEAD and RELENG_2, but I'm not sure if it was in the release version?
If that doesn't work, feel free to submit your file to me for inclusion...

> Actually this is only a temporary solution coz I need
> my vacation to work before xmas :) but if the final
> solution comes out I should change this asap.

Okay.

> I have one question, Does the vacation send a
> notification only once? Im not really experience with
> vacation but from what Ive found I only got one
> notification from that user eventhough i send more
> that one email to it. Just curious :)

This is up to your vacation program. Normally it only sends one reply to
each user, either for the duration of the vacation notice, or for some
defined period (often an option you can pass to vacation).  This prevents
loops with mailing lists, between two vacation programs, etc.  In other
words, it is a "good thing".

See your vacation program docs for info on how your particular vacation
program works, but please don't even think about setting it to respond to
all messages or setting it to reset the database more than once a day, as
it will probably result in loops and generally cause people to be angry with
your site. ;)