[sork] passwd and md5 in CVS HEAD

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 16 17:21:01 PST 2002

Quoting Mike Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> There are a couple of ways to look at this one. Either ldap is the odd one of
> the current situation is the odd one.

I'd bet ldap is the odd one because the original code that works with
ldap was created for the ldap driver long before there was an sql driver,
and because, as you say, the sql md5() stuff works with Horde and at least
some other sql setups.

> I took it that ldap was the unusual one and have just committed a changed to
> the ldap driver.

Thanks!

> The current md5 method is correct for the sql driver and matches
> the horde sql authentication driver and a couple of other sql based
> authenications I use here.

I agree.

> I would appreciate it if you could test this, I don't have a ldap directory
> to test it one.

Yes, please, anyone using it please let us know!