[sork] passwd and md5 in CVS HEAD

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 16 18:15:19 PST 2002

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> So, I'll put this up for comments again.  My particular concern is that
> maybe MySQL needs the php md5() whereas ldap wants the other method.  If
> so, we can simply code it differently for each backend.

MySQL doesn't do md5() passwords; anything that MySQL itself wants is going
to be using mysql's password() function. Horde uses the PHP md5() method.
However, if you were using, say, pam_mysql, you'd probably want the mhash
method. Anthing OS-based is going to want the mhash method. So, IMHO, it
should be the default.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."