[sork] vacations - without spamming mailinglist

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 14 13:38:49 PST 2003

Quoting Klavs Klavsen <kl at vsen.dk>:

> vacation:
> I should be able to define a a given period, and ofcourse a text via the
> web interface.

vacation does not support any time period specifications.  You
set it when you want it to start, and you remove it when you want it
to stop.

Web interface text setting is of course available.

> I should be able to select, if I want the vacation message applied
> before or after, my filters (ie. if I filter mailinglists into
> subfolders, I would perhaps like the vacation message to not be applied
> to those ;)

What filters?  Ingo filters or IMP filters?

If IMP filters, then forget it.  vacation/ingo work at the system level.
IMP filters at the client level.  No way to correlate.

If you mean ingo filters, then this is determined by the way you setup
the system, and not by the horde modules.  That is, it isn't user
configurable at the web interface level.

> I should be able to select, if a vacation message should only be sent
> out once pr. sender, or just for every email - no matter if it's the
> same sender address (I do this with procmail today).

This is a feature of the underlying vacation program which the vacation module
uses.  You can make that vacation program do which ever you
want as a global system setting. It would probably be good to allow setting
this type of thing in the web form, and doing so is fairly trivial to the
level that the underlying vacation program supports it.  I've added it on
the todo list.

> Sidenote: it would be great, if one could f.ex. organize the
> filters - and choose - from where, the vacation would kick in - ie. not
> my mailinglists, but I want my other lists to get it.

This would require not using the sork vacation, but coming up with a new
one (such as in ingo).

> Is this also what you are hoping will come out of the vacation (and
> perhaps other) module(s)?

Most of this stuff is beyond the scope of sork, and in the realm of ingo.

You should signup for the ingo mailing list and ask your questions there
probably.