[sork] Vacation notice set by SORK doesn't include email alias in config--only username

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 9 22:30:28 PST 2003

Quoting John Schneider <john.schneider at daumcommercial.com>:

> I am having a problem where the vacation notice as set by SORK only includes
> the username of the email account (in my case jschneider) and not the actual
> email address (in my case john.schneider at daumcommercial.com)

Actually just the opposite.  It is using the actual email address and not
the virtual mapping.

> This is causing
> a problem since nobody emails to my actual username, but instead to my alias
> as defined in the sendmail virtuser database.

Set the From: header in your vacation message.  See the vacation man page.

Or, make sure vacation sends it through sendmail, and make sure sendmail
remaps the outgoing addresses to what you want.

> I checked my identiy in IMP to
> ensure the proper email address was set and found everything to be in order.

Vacation doesn't use the IMP identity (though it might be interesting to
look into doing so when possible).

> If anyone would kindly offer suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

See above.