[sork] Passwd, vpopmail and mysql

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Fri Feb 14 11:12:56 PST 2003

>  I'm not sure either, but I tried that also, same result.

Are your passwords encrypted in the mysql database?  Can you verify that they
are encrypted?  If so, is there a prefix in front of the password (such as {MD5}
or {crypt}, or {SHA})?  I think the thing to do is take a password you know for
sure and write down the encrypted/hashed string that is in the DB and that
corresponds to the know password.  Then I would use perl to try different
encryption/hashing methods and see if you can get the same result.

On another note, how did your original passwords get populated?  What did you do
to get all you users in?

Amith