[sork] Passwd question

Luc Bonjean luc at lubon.be
Fri Feb 14 20:54:45 PST 2003

I mean that apparently everything is ok, but the password is not
changed. This is because the poppassd was not invoked.
Normally if it is invoked, it is logged in a log file.
Php & horde & apache logging is set to debug level

I did some more testing, if I disable the password strengthness tests in
the conf.php file, I receive a 'Failure in changing password : Incorect
Password' (notice the typo in incorrect).
How do I need to set the encryption (nothing is set now) ?

Regards,

Luc

Quoting Luc Bonjean <luc at lubon.be>:

> I have a horde 2.2.1 installation, and tried to install the sork
> modules, version 2.2. I have a working poppassd installation on the
> same machine. When I configure the passwd suite to use the poppassd
> backend it gives me no error messages, just 'password changed', but in

> reality nothing happened.

Can we define what "nothing happens" means?

> There was no call
> made to the poppassd service.

Which you know how?

> IMP works fine, so I guess the horde config is ok.
>
> Any idea what might cause this? Any tips on debugging this?

If you haven't already, enable the highest level of php logging.  Also
make sure your poppassd server is logging connections and
progess/errors. Make sure your system is logging everything (like
tcp_wrappers, firewalls, inetd/xinetd access/problems, etc).

Check all your log files.  Try to find anything that looks like an
error.

Make sure you can connect by hand to the poppassd server from your web
server using the same configuration (host and port) as in your passwd
configuration, and that changing the password that way works.

Make sure there is not a realm/non-realm issue (if you login as
user at realm, but passwd is passing only user without the realm, etc).

But basically, I've never seen it say success and fail (usually it
reports failures correctly).

> (There is also a syntax error in the main.php file, on line 105 there
> is a ']' omitted after the word [:upper: )

Fixed in CVS.  Will have to make a 2.2.1 release soon I guess, due to
this problem, and broken sql/vpopmail drivers.

Thanks for finding that typo.